“Drugs Don’t Work in Patients Who Do Not Take Them”
Dr. C. Everett Koop, former Surgeon General of the United States
- Many patients do not get the full benefit of their medications because they miss doses.
- Consider using a pill box to keep organized with taking your medications. There are many types available for a variety of dosing schedules.
- Ask your pharmacist/providers about systems pharmacies can provide to help keep you organized with your medications.
- Let your pharmacist know if you cannot read the print on your bottle. It can be made bigger.
- Dispose of unused, discontinued and outdated medications. Do not throw them down the toilet or in the trash. Ask your pharmacist how to safely dispose of them.
- Keep your medication out of reach of children or other persons in the home who may try to use them. They are for YOU ONLY!
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.