Get the Facts: Questions to Ask when Prescribed a New Medication
Write down these questions then fill in the answers from your prescriber:
- How will this medication help me?
- When and how should I take it? Can I take it with food?
- What should I do if I miss a dose?
- How long will I be taking it? Should I stop it if I am feeling better?
- Does using this medication mean I can stop one of my other medications?
- Are there any side effects I should watch for? What should I do if any of these occur?
- Are there any interactions with my other medications?
- Are there any interactions with my other medical conditions?
- Is there a lower-cost version of this medication available?
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.