Safety with Over-the-Counter (OTC), Herbal and Nutrition Supplemental Medications
- Not all non-prescription medications are safe for everyone.
- Many of these medications interact with other medications and can cause serious side effects especially in older adults.
- Many have activity that overlaps with prescription medications increasing the risk of unwanted, annoying, even serious side effects.
- Just because it is herbal does not mean it is without possible serious side effects.
- ASK FIRST! It is best to ask your healthcare providers before taking any OTC, herbal or nutrition supplement medication. This includes single-vitamin or mineral tablets.
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.