Sleep Discussion Tips
Sleep Disorder Symptoms to Watch Out For
Discuss any of the symptoms below with your doctor:
- Sleepless nights
- Someone has told you that you stop breathing during sleep
- Inability to fall asleep or stay asleep at night
- Waking up earlier than usual
- Daytime fatigue or excessive daytime sleepiness
- Snoring, snorting and gasping sounds when you sleep
- Restless or un-refreshing sleep
- Headaches in the morning
- Dreaming during naps and experiencing dream-like hallucinations
- Night terrors
- Loss of muscle control
- Inability to move as you're going to sleep or waking up
- Irresistible urge to move your legs
- "Creepy-crawly" or twitching feeling in your calves, feet, thighs or arms
Ask your doctor if any of your other health conditions may be affected/worsened by a sleep disorder. Some of these conditions may include:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
Our doctors and registered technologists provide the clinical expertise and diagnostic services so you can achieve a better night's sleep. Our physicians are accredited by the American Academy for Sleep Medicine.
Summa Sleep Medicine services are located in Medina and Summit counties. View our list of offices and contact us for an appointment or more information.
Complete this simple quiz to see if you are at risk for obstructive sleep apnea.