AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 22, 2012 – Beginning October 15, area Medicare-eligible residents can select comprehensive and affordable medical and pharmacy benefits from one of SummaCare’s three Medicare Advantage Plans. Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period (AEP) runs through December 7 for 2013 benefits.
SummaCare plan options are categorized as Core, Silver, and Gold, with monthly premiums in 2013 ranging from $0-$134. All three plans include medical (including emergency room and urgent care) and pharmacy coverage, a $0 co-pay for visits to SummaCare primary care physicians, and $25-$45 co-pays for specialist office visits, depending on the plan selected. Tier 1 preferred generic prescription drugs (30-day or 90-day supply) have a $0 co-pay. For the first time, optional dental coverage will also be available at all levels for an additional premium, through a partnership with Delta Dental.
“Enrollees will appreciate the selection of Medicare Advantage medical and wellness products we can make available to them,” said Jim Loveless, SummaCare vice president for Medicare and individual products. “We work hard to provide a portfolio that is cost effective while still delivering high-quality patient outcomes.”
SummaCare also continues to offer its Healthy You benefits to enrollees at no additional premium, including:
- SilverSneakers® Fitness Program for free access to participating gyms and wellness centers
- EyeMed Vision Discount Program for substantial discounts on comprehensive eye exams and hardware at participating locations
- SummaCare's 24-Hour Nurse Line
- Health Manager powered by WebMD for exclusive access to an online health manager, tracking tools for monitoring progress, a personal health record to keep track of lab results, and health & wellness reminders
- Free Flu Shots from any SummaCare provider
- Automatic Health Reminders to help members schedule check-ups and routine care.
Additional information about the plans and expanded provider network can be obtained by calling 888-464-8440 or at www.summacare.com/medicare.
Established in 1993, SummaCare offers a full line of health plans including PPO plans and Medicare Advantage plans plus life, dental and vision plans. Through its extensive network of more than 8,000 providers and more than 60 hospitals, SummaCare offers coverage to more than 225,000 members. SummaCare is recognized in Ohio by the Health Industries Research Company as a health plan with the most effective disease management programs for asthma, heart failure and diabetes.
SummaCare is a health plan with a Medicare contract. The benefit information provided is a brief summary, not a complete description of benefits. For more information contact the plan. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. Benefits may change on January 1 of each year. You must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium. H3660_13_117 CMS Accepted 10222012