Erica Rosenthal, Phone: (330) 375-3052, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 13, 2011 – Why do I have trouble sleeping? Is my pain normal? What can I do to keep my heart healthy? These health questions and more can now be answered from the comfort of your home or office as part of a new online health chat series from Summa Health System.
Beginning in late October, people can talk with Summa physicians about health topics such as sleep disorders, memory loss and heart health in the form of an online chat room. This user-friendly program allows anyone with Internet access to participate, as no additional software is required.
“As more people are going online to find health information, I’m excited to be a part of an initiative that helps physicians connect with and educate the community in a way that’s convenient for them,” geriatrician Maryjo Cleveland, M.D., who will participate in an online chat on Nov. 9 on memory loss.
Participants will have the opportunity to create an online account, log in, submit their questions prior to or during the chats and receive answers in a chat room format. The user’s personal information will not be disclosed. For those who missed the chats, transcripts will be available on www.summahealth.org/webchats.
The 2011 schedule of experts and topics is as follows:
- Oct. 25, noon: “Sleep: Fact vs. Fiction” with sleep medicine physician Ben Graef, D.O.
- Oct. 27, noon: “Menopause and Hormone Replacement Therapy” with obstetrician/gynecologist Eileen Witten, M.D.
- Nov. 9, noon: “Memory Loss: What is Normal?” with geriatrician Maryjo Cleveland, M.D.
- Nov. 10, noon: “Ask a Heart Expert” with cardiologist Kenneth Berkovitz, M.D.
- Nov. 15, noon: “Healthy Habits for Sleep” with sleep psychologist Erin Farrer, Ph.D.
- Nov. 16, noon: “Treatment Options for Pelvic Floor Disorders” with urogynecologist John Devine, M.D.
- Nov. 17, noon: “Vascular Disease Prevention” with cardiologist Joseph Pietrolungo, D.O.
- Nov. 30, noon: “Osteoarthritis in Hips and Knees” with orthopaedic surgeon Douglas Chonko, D.O.
- Dec. 1, noon: “Treatment Options for Neck and Back Pain” with neurosurgeon Dane Donich, M.D.
Information shared during these online sessions is not to be considered primary medical advice, but can help to educate individuals on important topics like prevention and early detection. To participate in a Summa Health System web chat, visit www.summahealth.org/webchats to register. Users will be allowed to join up until the web chat starts.
Please continue to check the website above for future online health chats.
About Summa Health System
Summa Health System is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in Ohio. Encompassing a network of hospitals, community health centers, a health plan, a physician-hospital organization, a multi-specialty physician organization, research and multiple foundations, Summa is nationally renowned for excellence in patient care and for exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery. Summa's clinical services are consistently recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (Magnet® status), U.S. News and World Report, Thomson Reuters and The Leapfrog Group. Summa also is a founding partner of the Austen BioInnovation Institute in Akron. For more information, visit www.summahealth.org or find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/summahealth and Twitter at www.twitter.com/summahealth.