Infectious Disease Physicians – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a board certified/board eligible Infectious Disease physician to join our team of 10 physicians. The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible in infectious Disease
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary capacity
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Approximately 80% inpatient rounding/consult and 20% outpatient clinic; no admitting
- Participation in active nationally recognized antimicrobial stewardship program
- 1:3 weekend call
- Clinical research opportunities available
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education
- Academic appointment available through NEOMED
- Large, stable, established group of providers within ACO and sub-specialty support including 24/7 Hospitalist program
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.