Neuropsychologist, Department of Neurology – Akron, OH
Summa Health is seeking board certified/board eligible Clinical Neuropsychologist to join our employed physician group. Summa Health Medical Group is a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System. Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
The selected candidate will provide outpatient and inpatient neuropsychological assessments primarily in the Department of Neurology but also for the Center for Senior Health and the departments of Trauma/Surgery, Psychiatry, Oncology, and Bariatric Surgery. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a comprehensive Behavioral Health Institute that employs 16 psychologists, 18 psychiatrists, and a number of mid-level behavioral health providers. The position also includes the opportunity to supervise graduate level psychology trainees and for a faculty appointment at Northeast Ohio School of Medicine (NEOMED).
- Doctorate degree (PhD or PsyD) in Clinical Psychology from an APA accredited program
- Completion of Neuropsychology post-doctoral fellowship
- License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
- Ability to perform comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations in a variety of adult populations
- Flexible, team-oriented, high-energy and excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Research and teaching opportunities available (Kent State University/NEOMED)
- Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance
- 100% Adult & Geriatric patient population
- Epic System’s EMR
- Summa Health Behavioral Health Institute practices a patient-centered philosophy and is committed to meeting each patient’s mental health needs in a holistic manner
- To learn more about Mental & Behavioral Health Services at Summa Health, please visit summahealth.org/behavioral
Akron is located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland. With a wonderful array of sights and attractions, accommodations and restaurants, meeting and convention facilities, and countless recreational activities, Akron/Summit County offers family fun and excitement. Known internationally as home to LeBron James, the Black Keys and the Firestone Country Club, the Akron area boasts a pristine national park, 100 miles of hike/bike trails, affordable and diverse housing, downtown and suburban living, and two universities. Akronites also have easy access to Lake Erie and two nearby airports making travel a breeze. The greater Akron area is a welcoming community rich in cultural diversity, history and heritage. It offers big-city amenities with a hometown feel and is located in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.