Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society
The Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society is Summa Health’s most prestigious giving society. Named in honor of the first president of Akron City Hospital’s board of trustees and a founding benefactor, the Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society recognizes individuals, organizations and corporations for cumulative giving to Summa Health of $1 million or more.
Members of the Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society with Summa Health leadership at the Summa Society Celebration on May 25, 2022.
Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society inductees receive a distinctive cow sculpture honoring the health system’s earliest supporters. More than 100 years ago, employees of Buckeye Mower and Reaper Works came together to contribute a cow to provide cream and milk to the patients of Akron City Hospital. The award honors the philanthropic spirit of these founding benefactors.
Summa Health is honored to recognize the following members of the Thomas W. Cornell Philanthropic Leadership Society:
- Dee* and Rennick Andreoli
- Walter W. Born Foundation
- Ann and David* Brennan ^
- Catherine “Sis”* and Wright* Bronson Jr.
- Jane F.* and Stephen A. Comunale
- Jean B.* and Milton N.* Cooper, D.D.S.
- The Mary S. & David C. Corbin Foundation
- Nancy S.* and Vincent A. DiGirolamo
- Susan and Robert Donahue, M.D.
- Jane A.* and Raymond C.* Firestone
- FirstEnergy Foundation
- Richard M.* and Yvonne Hamlin
- Verna J.* and Robert S.* Hancock
- William B. Haynes Trust
- Huntington National Bank
- Evelyn J.* and Eugene* S. Jursek, M.D.
- Sharon and Richard Juve ^
- Patricia M. and Philip S. Kaufmann
- The Lehner Family Foundation
- Harry H. Leuchtag, M.D.*
- Sheila and Mike Lewis
- Beatrice K.* and C. Blake* McDowell Jr.
- Vanita D. and James D. Oelschlager
- Dr. Juan M.* and Mrs. Angelina P.* Perdomo
- Joyce and Bob Rice
- Clara Belle Ritchie*
- Robertson-Hoyt Orthopaedic Research and Education Fund of Akron Community Foundation
- Signet Enterprises
- William T.* and Mary* Sisler
- Basil E. Smith, M.D.*
- Alice L. and George E. Strickler III
- Vivian E. von Gruenigen, M.D., and Dominic J. Bagnoli, M.D.
- Wilfred* and Florence* Weaver
- Denise G. and Norman E. Wells
- The Wildflower Family Foundation
- Dr. Gary B. and Pamela S. Williams ^
- The Women’s Board of St. Thomas Hospital
- The Women’s Board of Summa Health System
^ Visionary Benefactors