The Traumatic Stress Center at Summa Health is dedicated to the treatment and investigation of trauma and its consequences. Through its work, the Center has regional, national and international impact in the advancement of the science of traumatic stress and on the well-being of people affected by traumatic events.
- Developing tools to identify which traumatized individuals are at highest risk for developing persistent posttraumatic stress
- Examining the role of trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in physical health
- Assessing the prevalence of trauma and PTSD in primary care and mental healthcare settings
- Developing new treatments for women impacted by domestic violence
- Evaluating treatment outcomes and the factors that influence outcomes