AKRON, OH, May 30, 2019 – Summa Health today released its 2018 Annual Report, a compendium of six stories that feature a few of the health system’s notable patient success stories from this past year, as well as videos reflecting Summa’s unwavering commitment to improving our communities.
The videos, which may be found here, tell the stories of:
• Summa’s partnership with Akron Public Schools and the development of the Summa Health Academy of Leadership and Innovation at Buchtel Community Learning Center
• Summa Health’s multifaceted approach to battling the opioid epidemic and how it is making a difference in the communities we serve
• Susan Oswald, a patient suffering from a brain aneurysm who found the right care at the right time and at the right place
• George Sakura, a 70-year-old experiencing cardiac arrest who benefited from the fast action taken by so many within Summa Health and beyond
• Norma Curry, a patient who appreciates the “red carpet” care she received while undergoing a robotic surgical procedure to save the healthy part of her kidney
“I am very pleased to present the 2018 Summa Health Annual Report to the community,” said Dr. Cliff Deveny, president and CEO of Summa Health. “These videos really just represent a small fraction of the personalized care and community support being provided daily throughout our health system.”
Dr. Deveny and Summa Health Board Chair Anthony Lockhart open the 2018 Annual Report with a welcome message that summarizes the transformational year Summa Health experienced in 2018. The report also includes a review of the year’s key financials and brief capsules of each of the highlighted stories.
Summa Health is one of the largest integrated healthcare delivery systems in Ohio. Encompassing a network of hospitals, community health centers, a health plan, a physician-hospital organization, a multi-specialty physician organization, research and the Summa Health Foundation, we are nationally renowned for excellence in patient care and for exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery. Summa’s clinical services are consistently recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (Magnet status), U.S. News and World Report, Thomson Reuters and The Leapfrog Group. For more information, visit summahealth.org or find us on Facebook at facebook.com/summahealth and Twitter, twitter.com/summahealth.