SummaCare's 2022 Medicare Advantage Plans Now Available
AKRON, Ohio, October 4, 2021– Beginning October 15, Medicare-eligible individuals may select comprehensive and affordable medical and pharmacy benefits with new and enhanced updates from one of SummaCare's Medicare Advantage plans for 2022. Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period runs through December 7.
Based in Akron and available to Medicare-eligible individuals in 31 northern Ohio counties, SummaCare's Medicare Advantage network is comprised of more than 22,000 providers and more than 75 hospitals throughout SummaCare's service area. And with the addition of the Cleveland Clinic, including Cleveland Clinic Akron General, members now have access to 6,000 Cleveland Clinic physicians and providers with privileges to all northeast Ohio Cleveland Clinic facilities.
Plans start as low as $0 per month and feature new and unique extra benefits including:
- BrainHQ: Your online headquarters for working out your brain. Think of it as your personal gym, where you exercise your memory, attention, brain speed and people skills, instead of your abs, delts and quads. Just as our bodies require care and exercise over the course of life, so do our brains - especially as we age. BrainHQ provides the exercise your brain needs to be at its sharpest.
- Personal Emergency Response System (PERS): The PERS benefit, offered through ConnectAmerica, provides 24/7 emergency assistance and care, increased safety, independence and enhanced quality of life, while enabling individuals to more safely age in place.
*included with the Emerald Plan only.
There are also a variety of other extra benefits for 2022 including:
- Enhanced dental coverage
- Vision and hearing aid coverage
- Over-the-counter (OTC) items
- Family On-Demand with Papa
- Free gym membership through SilverSneakers ®
- Assist America
- Travel coverage
- Meal Delivery
For more information on the SummaCare Medicare Advantage plans for 2022, please call 888.354.1605 (TTY 800.750.0750). You may also visit SummaCare's website for more information, summacare.com.
About SummaCare Medicare
SummaCare Medicare has been in Northeast Ohio since 1996 and has more than 22,000 members in northern Ohio. SummaCare's Medicare Advantage plans have an extensive network of more than 22,000 providers and 75 hospitals.
SummaCare is an HMO and HMO-POS plan with Medicare contract. Enrollment in SummaCare depends upon contract renewal. Other providers are available in our network.
Media Contact: Shannon Kew