To learn research methods and complete/make significant progress on your residency research project.
Goals Course Objectives:
1. Meet with Drs. Mudrakola and/or Oskvarek each week during the 2 week rotation to discuss research idea and rotation objectives.
2. Lead discussion of 1 article of your choice or assigned during journal club.
3. Review attached Research curriculum below on AkronEM
4. Take Research Test as a self-test of your research knowledge (link below)
5. Complete human subjects training, if necessary.
6. Submit your project work (e.g. literature review, protocol, etc.) to Drs. Mudrakola and/or Oskvarek at the end of the rotation.
Complete the Duke Form and submit to the Research Directors.
Submit research protocol draft CLICK HERE
- Review Introduction to Research Powerpoint. (click here)
- Research Design
- IRB Summa
- Scientific Writing and Presentation Skills
iRIS Study Application
- Protocol Outline Document
- Conducting Residency Research
- Scholarly Activity Handbook
- ACEP Research Primer
- Conducting a successful Residency research project
- Presentation Skills
- Primer on writing a case report
- Writing a case report
- EMF Grant Categories Chart 2022-2023