Summa Health Ophthalmology specializes in the diagnosis and medical and surgical treatment of eye disorders.
Akron Campus Appointments
At Summa Health, we offer high quality vision and surgical care for all your needs. We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive ophthalmologic care, but in an intimate and personalized setting.
We treat a wide range of conditions and offer the following services:
- Cataract evaluation and removal
- Standard, Toric, and Extended Depth of Focus Intraocular Lens Implants offered
- Yearly diabetic retinal exams
- Glaucoma evaluation
- Drop therapy
- Laser treatment for control of Narrow Angle or Primary Open Angle Glaucoma
- Visual field testing / Optic Nerve scanning
- Macular Degeneration evaluation
- Minor surgeries:
- Chalazion or Hordeolum Removal
- Other eyelid lesion excision
- Dry Eye evaluation and treatment
- Corneal consultation
- Schirmer tear testing
- Punctal Plugs
- Same day appointments for trauma, red eye/infection, flashes and floaters, vision loss
Meet the Team
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.