Psychiatry – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking board-certified/board eligible psychiatrists. The selected candidates will become members of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of nearly 400 physicians employed by the Summa Health System. You will be joining a well-established team of 40 clinicians that include psychiatrists, psychologists, advance practice nurses, licensed independent social workers and addiction medicine physicians. Summa also sponsors a psychiatry residency program and is a clerkship site for NEOMED students.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20 health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
Summa psychiatric opportunities include inpatient, outpatient, consultation liaison and telepsychiatry. Opportunities to teach and supervise residents and medical students are also available. Our interest is in matching candidate needs / talents with these varied treatment venues. In addition to inpatient (69 beds over 3 units including a dedicated geriatric psychiatry and 14-bed detox unit) and IOP programs Summa Health System’s Center for Behavioral Healthcare offers specialized programming including:
- Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center (TSC)
- Ignatia Hall Intensive Outpatient Addiction and Opiate Treatment Programs PHP/IOP
- Behavioral health integration with service lines such as cardiology, bariatric surgery, oncology, sleep medicine and senior health in addition to primary care and internal medicine
- Board Eligibility/Board Certification
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN)
- A current unrestricted license or the ability to obtain a license to practice medicine in Ohio
- Must be able to work in a collaborative fashion within the department and with other service lines
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Comprehensive salary and benefit package
- Academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University commensurate with experience
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education
- Research Initiatives through Summa Health System
- Collaborative efforts with local universities including Kent and Akron University
- Summa Health Behavioral Health Institute practices a patient-centered philosophy and is committed to meeting each patient’s mental health needs in a holistic manner
- Epic System’s EMR
Rising from the rolling hills of the Western Reserve along the Ohio & Erie Canal, Akron is located within 500 miles of 42 major cities, and surrounded by thousands of acres of national parkland and countryside. As a thriving heartland city Akron provides an ideal living and working environment. The vitality of its people and the unparalleled quality of life offers versatility, a low cost of living, outstanding cultural access and a thriving climate for healthcare, education and business. The downtown hosts a vibrant arts scene and eclectic dining options. Northeast Ohio offers many quality primary and secondary education options.
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.