Trauma Psychologists – Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking a clinical/counseling psychologist with expertise and interest in assessment and treatment of trauma and its consequences to join the growing Summa Health Traumatic Stress Center (TSC). Part of Summa’s Behavioral Health Institute, the TSC provides an exciting clinical and research atmosphere. It is a specialty clinic providing outpatient clinical services to a demographically diverse patient population with various types of trauma exposure. We emphasize empirically supported individual and group interventions (e.g., Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Cognitive Processing Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy), conduct research to advance the science of traumatic stress, train the current and future workforce on trauma informed best practices, and partner with other hospital clinics/departments (e.g., Inpatient Psychiatry, Primary Care, Women’s Health) and community organizations.
Our new state-of-the-art behavioral health facility in the heart of Summa’s Akron campus houses the TSC and all other behavioral health services, providing the TSC with additional opportunities for enhanced integration and collaboration with not only the entire Behavioral Health Institute but also the entire hospital system. Duties will include individual and/or group psychotherapy and providing clinical supervision of doctoral and postdoctoral psychology trainees
The selected candidates will be joining a well-established Behavioral Health Institute team of over 40 psychologists, psychiatrists, addiction medicine physicians, advanced practice nurses, social workers, and professional counselors and will become members of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 400+ health care providers employed by Summa Health.
- Doctorate (Ph.D. or PsyD) in Clinical/Counseling Psychology from an APA-accredited program
- License to practice in Ohio or willingness to obtain
- Eligible candidates will have expertise in the assessment and treatment of trauma and its consequences
- Employed position offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package
- Faculty appointment is available at the Northeast Ohio Medical University
- Monday-Friday schedule allowing for exceptional work/life balance
- Opportunities to conduct or collaborate on scientific research
- To learn more about Mental & Behavioral Health Services at Summa Health, please visit https://www.summahealth.org/medicalservices/behavioral
EOE/AA Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
COVID-19 vaccine required for all Summa Health employees.