To provide a well-rounded Family Medicine experience; this includes exposure to the wide variety of patient ages and conditions seen in our specialty. Included is care of obstetric patients, newborns (both outpatient and newborn nursery), children, adults and geriatric patients (in the outpatient, inpatient and nursing home settings).
- Exposure to outpatient care with residents and faculty in the Family Medicine Center
- Inpatient care via participation in Family Medicine Service clinical and teaching rounds with residents and faculty
- Attendance (and opportunity to participate in) Morning Report clinical and didactic presentations
- Underserved patient experiences
- Hands-on procedural (e.g. suturing) and Osteopathic Manipulation Therapy workshops
Electives are set up in two or four-week block rotations. By communicating your goals and objectives to us in advance, we have the flexibility to design an experience which is tailored to your individual interests.
- Brooke Babyak, M.D., Associate Program Director, M4 Elective Director
- Verlaine Blaser, D.O., Associate Director, Assistant M4 Elective Director
- Melanie K. Bortell, D.O., Program Director
- Anne Valeri, D.O., Associate Director, M3 Clerkship Director