To provide the student with experience which will build a broader base in the field of gastroenterology and hepatology.
- Students will be assigned to the gastroenterologist and resident team of the month.
- They will participate with the attending physician in consultative and floor rounds, and observe patients in the office setting.
- Students will observe gastrointestinal endoscopy and other procedures as scheduled.
- Students will perform selected patient evaluations by history and physical examination, write or suggest physician orders, and observe continuity of care.
- They will learn diagnostic features of gastrointestinal radiology and review pathologic specimens.
- Students will be required to do selective reading in the broad field of gastroenterology, guided by patients with whom they are involved. A syllabus will be available to augment reading selections.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
- Stephen Verbeck, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
- Duane Roe, M.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
- Ram Bandi, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
- Edward J. Esber, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.