- To acquire a basic understanding of gynecologic malignancies with regard to their pathophysiology, evaluation and treatment.
- To improve surgical skills and the ability to care for critically ill patients.
- The student will participate in the in-hospital care of patients with gynecologic malignancies at Summa Health System.
- Student will participate in daily workups, radical surgery, calculation and administration of anti-cancer chemotherapy and the intensive care required by these patients.
- The student will have an opportunity to deal with the emotional aspects of serious and terminal disease through direct contact with the patient and her family.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
Stephen J. Andrews, M.D., Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.