- To establish proficiency in examination of hematologic patients, diagnostic procedures, and management relative to treatment of hematologic disorders.
- To gain experience in the clinical management of serious illness in hematologic patients.
- Full-time attendance on Hematology/Oncology service, daily rounds, and participation in discussions at bedside.
- Primary contact with patient under supervision of house officers and attending physician.
- Consultation techniques including complete history and physical examination.
- Performance of procedures, e.g., peripheral smear, bone marrow aspirations and biopsies, and other specialized tests (lab and bedside).
- Administration of conventional and experimental drugs and chemotherapeutic agents.
- The student will conduct daily review of laboratory data, prepare case presentations and attend conferences.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
Mehool Patel, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.