- The increased responsibility will enable the student to appreciate both the intellectual and technical challenges of Obstetrics/Gynecology.
- To prepare the student interested in the specialty to function more effectively in an Obstetrics/Gynecology residency.
- Attend daily rounds, morning Ob/Gyn conferences. Grand rounds Friday morning.
- Assist with deliveries and surgeries.
- Assist with other interesting surgeries as assigned.
- Work up assigned patients, and follow those patients postop and postpartum.
- Prepare a brief literature review pertaining to a common clinical program for presentation at morning conference.
- Perform obstetric ultrasound under supervision.
- Assist in the teaching of M3 clerks.
- Attend Ob/Gyn clinics as appropriate.
- Minimally invasive surgery emphasis
Night Call/Special Requirements:
Every fourth night in hospital.
- Cheryl J. Johnson, M.D., Clerkship Director of Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Robert F. Flora, M.D., Assistant Professor of Obstetrics/Gynecology, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.