To provide the opportunity for the student to become familiar with basic structure and function of the musculoskeletal system, techniques of observation and physical exam, and treatment modalities by a family practitioner and techniques employed by the specialist.
- During this elective, three weeks will be spent on the adult service and one week on the children's service.
- The student will attend resident conferences and also daily learning experiences specifically designed for him/her.
- He/she will be expected to scrub in surgery at least once daily and also work up one patient daily.
- The student will gain experience in the evaluation of office orthopaedic problems in the outpatient clinic and private orthopaedic offices.
- Subspecialty expertise is also available in hand, spine, rehabilitation and sports medicine and oncology.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
Night call is required every third night in the emergency room with the resident on call.
- Scott D. Weiner, M.D., Chairman/Residency Director and Associate Professor, Department of Orthopaedics, NEOMED
- Jeff Junko, M.D., Director, Orthopaedic Resident Education, NEOMED