- To provide an exposure to the spectrum of pulmonary disease seen in a general hospital.
- To gain a better understanding of bronchopulmonary anatomy and the physiological basis of pulmonary function testing.
- The student will attend daily pulmonary rounds with the attending physician and residents.
- He/she will see inpatient consultations and review the diagnostic and therapeutic plans with the attending physician.
- Pulmonary function tests will be reviewed with the attending assigned to the laboratory for the month.
- The student will observe and assist with special procedures, including fiberoptic bronchoscopy and pleural biopsy.
- Participation in a monthly pulmonary conference.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
- Hitesh Makkar, M.D., Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine, NEOMED
- Kenneth Kretchmer, M.D., Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine, NEOMED
- Charles Fuenning, M.D., Associate Professor of Internal Medicine
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.