To give the student an exposure to radiation oncology's role in treatment of patients and to the therapeutic uses of radiation in dealing with cancer patients.
- Designed to provide the student with a familiarity of the instrumentation and their therapeutic uses, as well as treatment planning procedures.
- Emphasis will be placed on the procedures used in therapy and treatment as a part of solutions to patients' oncologic needs.
- The student will be assigned to study under the supervision of a radiation therapist/oncologist at each hospital.
- Emphasis will be placed on patient history, clinical findings, pathology, treatment and prognosis of new patients.
- An extensive exposure to as many cancer cases as possible will take place, emphasizing the related problems involved in treatment.
- A brief written report or presentation on an assigned subject may be required.
- The interesting case file will be available for review and discussion.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
- Susan Hong, M.D, Associate Professor of Clinical Radiology, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.