- To introduce the student to the principles of diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of acute sports injuries.
The student will:
- Gain experience in the outpatient diagnosis and treatment of athletic injuries.
- Accompany a team physician covering an athletic event (seasonal)
- Gain experience in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal problems.
- Gain experience in the diagnosis and treatment of concussion.
- Observation of procedures pertinent to the care of musculoskeletal patients.
- Typical daily schedule: Full day experiences related to sports medicine evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of injuries. After hour event coverage as available.
Night Call/Special Requirements:
- Nilesh Shah, M.D., Clinical Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, NEOMED
Options to Request an Appointment
If your situation is an emergency, call 911.