Membership Types and Pricing
Individuals 18 years and older are eligible to become a primary member. Children are eligible to be added to their parent’s account at the age of 15 years old.
- Couple: for spouses/partners or a parent and one dependent child*
- Family: include spouses/partners and their dependent children* or a father/mother and their dependent children*.
- Senior: for those 62 years and older
- Senior Couple: one member on the account must be 62
*A dependent child must be a minimum of 15 years old. Dependent children are eligible to be on their parents account until they are 30 years old and must live in the same household. When a child is no longer dependent, he/she will be moved onto their own membership and will be charged the appropriate membership rate. A joining fee will not be charged.
- Payment in full for one year
- Annual contract, billed monthly (requires automatic electronic withdrawal)
- Month-to-month, billed monthly (requires automatic electronic withdrawal)
What are the benefits and privileges of being a Summa Health Wellness Center member?
- Full access to facility
- Individualized fitness assessment and program development
- 15% discount on Falling Waters Spa services (certain restrictions apply.)
- Membership freeze options
- Nationally accredited personal trainers
- 50+ group exercise classes weekly
Membership Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Summa Health Wellness Center membership dues charged on a monthly or yearly basis?
- We offer adult memberships on both a monthly and an annual basis.
What are the monthly membership rates?
- To hear about the current rates for new members, contact a membership representative at 330.342.4400.
Are there special rates for families and seniors?
- We offer discounts on a variety of our memberships and joining fees, including family rates and senior discounts. Find out how you can be a part of the Summa Health Wellness Center experience. Contact a membership representative at 330.342.4400.
When can I tour the facility?
- Speak with a membership expert and schedule a tour during the following hours:
- Monday & Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: By appointment only
- Sunday: N/A
Member PoliciesMembers are expected to conduct themselves in the highest standards and comply with any and all Summa Health Wellness Center policies.
For the comfort of all members, please adhere to the following policies:
- Appropriate attire is required in all areas of the facility. SHWC reserves the right to determine what is appropriate attire.
- For privacy concerns, cell phones are strictly prohibited in the locker rooms. Please refrain from cell phone use on the fitness floors, group exercise studios, and pool.
- Parking on the east side of the building in the designated Rehab Services spaces is prohibited during medical business hours.
- Use provided disinfectant wipes to clean equipment after each use.
- When doing multiple sets, please be considerate and allow others to work in between your sets.
- Do not rest on equipment. Studies suggest recovery is accelerated by light muscular activity.
- Rack all weights and return equipment to its proper location after each use.
- For the comfort of other members, avoid excess noise such as dropping weights, loud grunting and yelling. (Save the singing for the shower!)
Cell Phone Etiquette
For the privacy and respect of all members, please adhere to the following policies:
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited in all areas of the locker rooms, including saunas and steam rooms. This includes texting, checking emails, sharing photos, etc.
- Unless approved by management, photography, videotaping, filming, and audio recordings are prohibited in the facility. This includes selfies.
- In consideration of others, please refrain from talking on your cell phone while in the studios, on equipment, or in the spa. Please step away from the fitness areas while conversing on your phone.
Violation of these policies may result in termination of membership.
Locker Room Etiquette
- Please be sensitive to others regarding nudity and modesty issues.
- Be respectful of others’ belongings and personal space.
- Shaving is not permitted in the steam rooms or saunas.
- A head-to-toe cleansing is mandatory prior to entering pools.
- Though the lap and therapy pools are always available for use, please be considerate to those participating in classes or therapy.
Lap Lane Reservations Policy
To accommodate our members’ needs, we ask that you reserve a lap pool lane prior to use.
Lap Lane Sign Ups
- Lanes can be reserved up to one day in advance.
- Lanes can be reserved by phone, in person, through our member app or member online portal.
- Lane availability is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Lap Lane Policies
- Lanes are reserved in 30-minute increments with a maximum of 60-minutes per day.
- Members are expected to adhere to the time limits.
- Walk-ins will be permitted and are based upon availability.
Group Exercise Policies
- To ensure you get the full benefit from the warm-up portion of your workout, please arrive on time for classes. To ensure participant safety, instructors have the discretion to prohibit entry to late participants.
- Members 18 years and older receive four free guest passes per calendar year. Additional guest passes can be purchased for $12.00/pass.
- Members must accompany their guests each visit.
- Local guests are limited to four visits per calendar year.
- Each guest must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 18 years of age or minimum of 15 years old when accompanied by a parent/guardian who is a member.
- Picture ID required to show proof of age.
- Out-of-town guest passes can be purchased for non-local guests.
- Passes are tracked at the front desk.
Membership Freeze Options
- Annual members who are billed monthly may place their account on hold for a minimum of one month and a maximum of four months per contract year. The contract renewal date will be extended the number of months the account is on freeze.
- Annual members who pay in full may place their account on freeze for an unlimited number of months; however, the minimum to place the account on freeze is one month.
- All freezes must be requested in advance.
- Dues will be automatically withdrawn from the payment method on file on the first day of the month.
- If funds are returned unpaid, members are required to provide new payment information. If payment is not received within two months of notification, the membership will be cancelled.
- Dues are not based upon utilization.
- Cancellations must be made prior to the 25th of each month in order to be effective for the following month.
Loss of Membership Privilege
- SHWC reserves the right to terminate membership privileges based upon improper conduct or behavior which might interfere with a member’s enjoyment and safety of the facility.