Research Interns and Students
Summa Health accepts students or individuals interested in an unpaid internship to address an educational goal. Research interns at Summa will work under the supervision of a Research Mentor on a project. Example activities interns may participate in include literature reviews, data abstraction, translational research and more.
Student Eligibility Information:
To be considered for an unpaid research internship at Summa, you are expected to meet the following criteria:
- 18 years or older
- Enrolled in an accredited academic program or have educational goals that can be addressed with an internship
- U.S. citizen
- Pass a background check
- Willingness to obtain mandatory vaccinations and/or demonstrate proof of vaccination
- Willingness to complete all training as required by Summa Health
- Willingness to obtain personal liability insurance as applicable
Student Inquiry Information:
If you are interested in learning more regarding potential research opportunities at Summa Health, email email@example.com the following information:
- Contact Information:
- If Internship is to Fulfill a Course Requirement:
- Desired Start/ End Date:
- Availability and Hours/Week:
- Desired Department(s):
- Desired Type of Research Activity:
A research staff member will review your information and reach out if there are potential opportunities. Availability of internships within departments and types of opportunities will vary throughout the year.
Students successfully placed with a research or scholarly activity project at Summa Health will be required to obtain clearance before starting their assignment. Students are expected to complete mandatory orientation and training and will be asked to provide a background check and immunization history.
Summa Staff and Researchers:
If you are an employee at Summa Health interested in mentoring a student research intern or volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the process.