Summa Health Clinical Research Center (CRC)
The CRC is located on the Summa Health System – Akron Campus in the Summa Health East Pavilion (75 Arch Street), Suite 105. The 3800 square foot outpatient unit supports both investigator-initiated and industry-sponsored clinical trials throughout Summa Health. The Center includes four fully-equipped exam rooms for conducting clinical assessments, office space for administrative and clinical staff and a central laboratory. The unit is fully staffed and equipped with all standard medical equipment and medical supplies, and has a central research laboratory that provides specimen collection, processing and shipping to central laboratories as needed.
For additional information regarding the CRC, or to arrange a tour, call 330.375.4045.
The CRC provides the following services:
- Marketing of services to potential study sponsors and referrals to our physician investigators
- Clinical trial placement with physician investigators
- Marketing of trial opportunities to potential subjects
- Trained medical personnel with clinical trial experience are available to staff the CRC. Additional staffing and supplies are available to meet the needs of individual studies.
- Coordinator study support
- Patient screening, enrollment, randomization
- Coordination of all study procedures (i.e., study visits, study drug administration, study-related interventions per study protocol)
- Availability for all sponsor monitoring visits and audits
- Data management
- Completion of case report forms, query resolution
- Reporting adverse events and other regulatory requirements to the IRB
- Database entry