Residency Application – How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Summa Health System’s Orthopaedic Surgery program. Residency applications and additional items listed below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
. The Department of Orthopaedics participates in the National Resident Matching Program
residents will be selected for our five year program
accredited by ACGME.
Requirements & Documentation submitted though ERAS:
- ERAS Common Application Form with your CV
- Personal Statement
- Minimum 3 letters of recommendation -standardized form preferred but not required.
- Dean’s Letter and/or MSPE
- Medical School Academic Transcript
- USMLE transcript (Step I and Step II) –A passing Step II score is required in order to be considered for an interview.
- International applications-we will only consider a J1 Visa-no exceptions
We interview approximately 35 candidates throughout the season starting in December and ending in January. All interviews will be virtual.
If you have questions about the program, please contact Melissa Wheeler
Make sure to follow us on Instagram @summaorthoresidency.
You can learn more about our program on the AOA Orthopaedic Residency Information Network (ORIN)
Please see the Rules & Procedures section on the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery's Website for up-to-date information on eligibility to sit for Part 1 of the ABOS board exams upon completion of our orthopaedic surgery residency program.