We appreciate your interest in the Psychiatry Residency Program and hope that we’ve provided you with information that will enable you to choose the best residency program for you.
Residency applications and the additional items below must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
Application Deadline: December 31st
Interview Dates: October 1st – January 30th
Expected Program Length: Four Years
Application consists of:
- Medical School Academic Transcript
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's Letter)
- Passing USMLE Step I & Step 2 (within the first two attempts)
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one letter from a psychiatrist that you've worked with)
- Personal statement
- Current photograph
* All information must be submitted before an application will be reviewed.
* Interviews are by invitation. If you have been selected, we will contact you using the information you provided via ERAS.
* We prefer applicants who have graduated medical school within the last 5 years from an accredited medical school in the United States or Canada or of an international medical school listed by the World Health Organization.
- The residency program selects eligible applicants on the basis of preparation, ability, aptitude, academic credentials, communication skills and personal qualities such as motivation and integrity. The program does not discriminate with regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, national origin, disability or veteran status. All applicants must participate in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and submit applications by the electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). Those applicants selected for interviews meet with current residents both individually and in small groups and meet multiple faculty members for individual interviews. At the conclusion of interviewing season all participating faculty and residents meet for a rank list discussion. The program director assumes final responsibility for the match list after receiving input from all participating faculty and residents.