Emergency Surgery & Trauma Care
Summa Health System knows a trip to the emergency room can be stressful. That is why we are dedicated to serving the needs of our patients and taking care of your health problems with the 24/7, high-quality, state-of-the-art, supportive care and assistance you need in an emergency situation.
Our highly skilled emergency department teams, including emergency physicians, enable us to provide all the appropriate expertise and resources necessary for the highest quality care available.
A few reasons to count on Summa for expert emergency care:
- Outstanding STEMI System. On average, Summa's door-to-balloon times are 26 minutes faster than the national AHA standard. In fact, we've stopped heart attacks in as little as 11 minutes.
- AHA-Accredited Heart Attack Receiving Center. Summa Health System – Akron Campus was the first Ohio hospital to receive AHA's Mission: Lifeline® Heart Attack Receiving Center Accreditation.
- Primary Stroke Center Certification. Summa Health System – Akron Campus has earned the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval as a Primary Stroke Center.
- Level 1 Trauma Center (Summa Health System – Akron Campus). Summa was the first hospital in Akron to receive Level 1 verification, the American College of Surgeons' highest trauma care.
- Accepts All Patients. All Summa entities accept most major insurance plans, and all accept emergency patients whether or not they're insured.
Where should I go - emergency room versus urgent care? Review our easy reference chart.