Musculoskeletal Ultrasound (MSKU) has been used at Summa since 2009. Summa Health Sports Medicine is one of the area’s few providers offering MSKU in northeast Ohio.
This diagnostic imaging test is used:
- To diagnose injuries to the shoulder, elbow, hand, ankle, and knee
- To guide the physician when administering steroid injections into tendons of the hip, bicep, mid-foot, foot, wrist and elbow
- When performing tenotomies
- To detect nonmetallic foreign bodies (wood, glass, etc.) in soft tissue
- When administering whole blood and platelet rich plasma injections
Summa’s Center for Sports Health physicians have performed more than 1,000 ultrasound procedures and real-time diagnostic studies.