Join our team!
Summa Foundation always is looking for talented professionals with a passion for fundraising and supporting Summa Health's mission to provide the highest quality, most compassionate care to our community. Tell us how you can contribute to our amazing team! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your résumé. Or apply online.
Strategist, Donor Relations and Events
Provides strategic donor relations and stewardship support to advance the strategies and fundraising objectives of Summa Foundation. Responsible for organizing and managing all Summa Foundation fundraising and donor stewardship events including the Sapphire Ball, Golf Outing, Summa Society Dinner, Florida Outreach, Women’s Circle events, Leadership Council meetings, and other related events.
Formal Education Required: Bachelors’ Degree in Event Management, Marketing or related field equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Experience & Training Required:
- Minimum three to five years prior event planning, communications, public relations, nonprofit or similar work experience.
- Experience with audio/visual equipment, including Microsoft Teams, to produce live, virtual or hybrid events.
- Computer experience with proficiency in Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Adobe software preferred.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Understand how various roles, responsibilities and players, both internal and external, contribute to the mission of the organization.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Approaches new ideas or challenges with a sense of possibility, openness, and positively.
- Proven track record in planning and achieving short-term and long-term goals and can communicate information about progress toward goals with supervisor and the team and ability to take direction from multiple leaders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can build relationships with colleagues across roles, and teams, demonstrating a commitment to collaboration.
- A team player who expresses genuine interest in the team’s well-being, and proactively models organizational customs, beliefs, and values.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and a variety of stakeholders and audiences including colleagues, donors and volunteers.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.