Join our team!
Summa Foundation always is looking for talented professionals with a passion for fundraising and supporting Summa Health's mission to provide the highest quality, most compassionate care to our community. Tell us how you can contribute to our amazing team! Please email email@example.com and include your résumé. Or apply online.
Development Officer II - Major Gifts
Responsible for the engagement, cultivation and solicitation of major gift donors to support the mission of Summa Health. Assumes responsibility for developing and leading key fundraising initiatives and maintaining a personal portfolio of major donors and prospective donors, focusing fundraising efforts is securing gifts at the major gift ($100,000+) level.
Formal Education Required: Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
Experience & Training Required:
- Five (5) to eight (8) years of demonstrated consistent closing of six and seven figure gifts, or significant (10+) years related experience in managing relationships that produce measurable results (i.e., sales experience)
- Must have prolific results in meeting/exceeding established goals
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work effectively with Summa leadership, physicians, board members, philanthropic volunteers, administrative staff and community leaders.
- Experience in healthcare or higher education fundraising preferred
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Excellent people skills and the capacity to develop trust with those served
- Energy and drive to set and achieve professional goals
- Willingness to work long hours, including some evenings and weekends
- Track record as a highly successful team player
- Intellectual depth, creativity, integrity and discretion
- Must be available during off hours to receive and respond to communications
- Must promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality
- Develop and execute major gift fundraising strategies for assigned clinical areas in alignment with the priorities of Summa Health to maximize philanthropic results
- Identify, engage, cultivate and solicit prospective donors to Summa Health
- Appropriately steward assigned donors in alignment with stewardship policies & protocols
- Meet or exceed annual visitation, solicitation and attainment goals
- Engage Administrative Leadership, Physician Staff, Volunteer Leaders (Board) and Philanthropic Volunteers in support of the mission and vision of Summa Health